Tate Britain Tour
Visit the Tate Britain museum and discover 500 years of British art
A Tate Britain Tour is unmissable because…
Tate Britain in London is the world’s premier gallery for British art. Following a recent large-scale refurbishment and rehang, the gallery is all geared up for you to enjoy an exhilarating tour of British art from 1500 right through to the present day. Tate Britain’s collection portrays the changing place of Britain in the world and the way art has contributed to the idea of ‘Britishness’.
The must-sees in a Tate Britain Tour includes…
- An outstanding collection of oil paintings by the great 19th-century artist JMW Turner
- Works by the 19th-century Pre-Raphaelites
- Masterpieces by world-renowned 20th-century artists Francis Bacon and Henry Moore as well as Sir Jacob Epstein and Dame Barbara Hepworth
- William Hogarth’s 18th-century moral satires
- John Constable’s ‘oh so English’ landscapes
Book a Blue Badge Tourist Guide for a Tate Britain Tour and revel in…
- Highlights tours – these are based on works that illustrate the wide range of the collection
- Tailor-made tours – for individuals or groups
- Educational tours – for school and student groups
A less crowded gallery than the National Gallery or Tate Modern, the Tate Britain is a bit of a hidden gem. So let one of our London Blue Badge Tourist Guides bring the best of British art to life for you.
Please bear in mind that these are not public tours, but private tours conducted by specialist Blue Badge Tourist Guides who will charge a separate fee.
N.B. If you’re really an art lover and want to explore the Tate Modern as well, try the exhilarating Tate to Tate riverboat service.
Simply input your tour request details in the form below. When you have finished, hit the Green ‘Submit to Match’ button. Your request will be instantly emailed to three highly qualified and enthusiastic London Blue Badge Tourist Guides, matching your criteria. They will then email you confirming availability, pricing and suggestions for the tour itself. So let one of our 500+ Blue Badge Tourist Guides make your stay in London a special one.