Blue Badge Tourist Guides work as freelancers so it is important to establish in advance what the exact fees are, as well as the terms and conditions. There is an additional charge for other languages.
Blue Badge Driver Guides provide private tours by car. There is no set tour. Tours can be for a half day, full day or overnight. The tour can be within London, a day trip from London or for several days around the country. The cost depends on the number of people, the length of the day and the distance travelled. There is an additional charge for other languages.
Blue Badge Tourist Guides and Driver Guides are typically engaged for either Half days or Full days:
- Half days are up to 4 hours maximum, which can be either morning (expected to finish by 13.00)
or afternoon tours (expected to start from 13.30).
- Full days are up to 9 hours (finishing no later than 18.00).
- Fees for English language speakers typically start from £160 for half day and £260 for full day.
- Fees for any other language speakers typically start from £185 for half day and £294 for full day.
- Fees for Driver Guides typically start from £365 for half day and £525 for full day.
The fees above are effective through 31 March 2018. Thus, advance notice of freelance fees for guiding engagements from 1 April 2018 – 31 March 2019 (abbreviated version) is as follows:
- English Half day – from £165
- English Full day – from £270
- Language Half day – from £190
- Language Full day – from £302
96 hours (4 days) prior to commencement of engagement: Full fee.
10 days prior to commencement of engagement: 50% of fee.
Blue Badge Tourist Guides usually work according to the terms and conditions laid out in the attachments below. We recommend contacting the guide to discuss your tour requirements as well as confirming the fee and full set of terms and conditions.