City of Bath Tour
Explore the Georgian Grandeur and Roman Heritage on a City of Bath Tour
A City of Bath Tour is unmissable because…
Just over two hours West of London, the city of Bath is a beautiful and historic city. It has even been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The outskirts of Bath are quite hilly so it may be worth initially taking a panoramic tour either by coach or private car. This allows you to admire some of the spectacular views and get your bearings for where you want to focus your time later on. Then, once down in the town centre, Bath is a delightful place to walk around.
The must-sees on a City of Bath Tour
- The Roman Baths – providing a fascinating insight into the life and times of the Romans in Britain. Pause in the elegant 18th century Pump Room, with its live piano trio, on the way out.
- The elegant Georgian architecture – townhouses, squares, and civic buildings all hewn out of the locally quarried honey-coloured limestone.
- Bath Abbey – known as the Lantern of the West, with its stained glass, Edgar window commemorating the Coronation there in 973 AD of the first King of all England.
- Jane Austen Centre – Jane lived for a while in Bath and wrote about the hectic social life she observed there. Both Catherine Morland (Northanger Abbey) and Anne Elliot (Persuasion) walked the same streets.
- Award-winning pubs, restaurants and tearooms. Look out for the Bath Bun, a local delicacy.
- The Theatre Royal is one of the most well-known provincial theatres and often debuts plays before they reach the West End in London.
Book a Blue Badge Tourist Guide for a City of Bath Tour and walk in Jane Austen’s footsteps
Here’s what you’ll enjoy with a Blue Badge Tourist Guide
- Guided tours of the principal sights of this beautiful and historic city.
- Expert knowledge of the city’s history and the lives of its famous residents.
- A tour tailored to the interests and needs of your group.
Your Blue Badge Tourist Guide will advise how to make the most out of your time there. If you want to combine with some nearby attractions there are plenty to choose from:
- The charming villages of Lacock and / or Castle Combe – both often used as film locations.
- The medieval market town of Salisbury, with its world-famous Cathedral, or the Neolithic stone circle at Stonehenge.
Please bear in mind that these are not public tours, but private tours conducted by specialist Blue Badge Tourist Guides who will charge a separate fee, details of which can be found on our fees page.
Simply input your tour request details in the form below. When you have finished, hit the Green ‘Submit to Match’ button. Your request will be instantly emailed to three highly qualified and enthusiastic London Blue Badge Tourist Guides, matching your criteria. They will then email you confirming availability, pricing and suggestions for the tour itself. So let one of our 500+ Blue Badge Tourist Guides make your stay in London a special one.