Charles Dickens London Tour
Explore the life and writings of one of the world’s greatest writers; Charles Dickens
A Charles Dickens London Tour is unmissable because…
London was a lifelong inspiration for the famous author and philanthropist Charles Dickens. He brought us some of the greatest novels and extraordinary characters in English literature.
Charles Dickens knew London like the back of his hand, he regularly walked 10 to 20 miles after dinner. He often took visitors to the locations of his books! So what better way in the 21st century than to travel back to Dickensian London and learn about the rags to riches story of this great man.
Must-sees during a Charles Dickens Tour includes…
- Bustling Covent Garden and the site of the notorious blacking factory where Dickens worked at age of 12!
- Enjoy a coffee in the very building where Dickens had his bachelor pad and edited the magazine “All the Year Round”
- Visit the Theatre Royal, built in the year Dickens was born and where plays of his novels were staged! Dickens went to the theatre every night for 3 years.
- Visit the site of the Marshalsea Debtors Prison where Charles Dickens family were forced to live and provided the inspiration and setting for ‘Little Dorrit’.
- Discover hidden twisting alleyways in the 2,000-year-old City of London where Ebenezer Scrooge had his counting house in ‘Christmas Carol’ and the Cornhill where Bob Cratchit went sledding over 20 times!
- Explore the magical Inns of Court- the heart of ‘legal London’ ‘where ‘lawyers lie like maggots in nuts’. Grays Innis where Dickens worked as a lawyer’s clerk, Lincolns Inn is the setting of the notorious Court of Chancery in Bleak House and Middle Temple is where Pip had his lodgings in Great Expectations!
- No Charles Dickens tour of London would be complete without a visit to theCharles Dickens Museum. We’ll show you the house where he lived and worked with his family for 3 years. You can even see the writing desk where Dickens wrote some of his greatest works.
Book a Blue Badge Tourist Guide-and learn the story behind the storyteller.
Here’s what you’ll enjoy with a Blue Badge Tourist Guide
- A guided tour of the main locations connected to Dickens’ work and his life in London.
- Expert literary and biographical knowledge.
- A visit to The Charles Dickens Museum
- A tour tailored to the interests and needs of your group.
Please bear in mind that these are not public tours, but private tours conducted by specialist Blue Badge Tourist Guides who will charge a separate fee, details of which can be found on our Fees page.
Simply input your tour request details in the form below. When you have finished, hit the Green ‘Submit to Match’ button. Your request will be instantly emailed to three highly qualified and enthusiastic London Blue Badge Tourist Guides, matching your criteria. They will then email you confirming availability, pricing and suggestions for the tour itself. So let one of our 500+ Blue Badge Tourist Guides make your stay in London a special one.