Changing of the Guard Tour
Experience the pomp and pageantry of the Changing of the Guard ceremony
Probably the most famous and popular ceremonial event in the World – the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace is a ‘must see’ for all visitors to London. The ceremony has taken place for over 200 hundred years and shows British Pomp and Pageantry at its very best.
During the Ceremony of Changing of the Guard you will see:
- The personal troops of Her Majesty the Queen – The Guards
- The Red Tunics and Famous Bearskin Hats
- Precision marching to a world famous “Guards Band”
- The Household Cavalry mounted troopers – resplendent on their black horses and wearing the helmets and breastplates once worn into battle
These are the same soldiers you’ve seen at Royal Weddings – State Occasions in London – Royal Jubilees – and now it’s your chance to see it in real life!!
When using a London Blue Badge Tourist Guide they will advise:
- If the Guard Change is actually happening on any given day. From August to March it only takes place every other day and is always subject to the vagaries of English weather
- If there is a special Guard Change happening or indeed a Gun Salute for special state occasions
- The very best locations to get those all important photos for the folks back at home
Also, have your questions about the Guards and the Royal Family answered so you can understand just what all that marching and shouting actually means!!
- So – are the Bearskin Hats really made of Bearskin?
- How do they get their boots so shiny?
- Are the Guards ‘real’ soldiers?
- Do they carry ammunition in the rifles?
- What does the Queen wake up to every morning?
To find out the answers – and more – go to Changing of the Guard with a London Blue Badge Tourist Guide.
Simply input your tour request details in the form below. When you have finished, hit the Green ‘Submit to Match’ button. Your request will be instantly emailed to three highly qualified and enthusiastic London Blue Badge Tourist Guides, matching your criteria. They will then email you confirming availability, pricing and suggestions for the tour itself. So let one of our 500+ Blue Badge Tourist Guides make your stay in London a special one.