Jack The Ripper Tour
Enter the world of Jack The Ripper- The Whitechapel Murderer
A Jack the Ripper Tour in London is unmissable because…
In the autumn of 1888, the nighttime streets of London’s poorest, most deprived neighbourhood were haunted by a serial killer.
- Five poor, desperate, unfortunate women lost their lives in a shocking manner.
- The police were unable to stop the killer.
- The police were unable to catch him.
- Over 120 years later his identity, although widely speculated on, is still unknown.
The must-hears of a Jack The Ripper Tour
- Polly Nichols, Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddowes and Mary Anne Kelly each had a life cut short. Mothers daughters, immigrants, grafters, trafficked sex-workers. Hear their stories.
- Once strangled, the killer used his sharp, long-bladed knife to wreak havoc on their corpses.
- The police were stumped and the press filled the papers with lurid details.
- Letters were sent claiming to be from the killer, were they real or fake? Was Jack The Ripper a Freemason? A member of the Royal family? A foreign sailor on shore leave?
Book a Blue Badge Tourist Guide to address the unanswered questions as you walk through the streets of London’s East End. You will stand on the cobblestones where Catherine Eddowes body was discovered and see where the few clues to the murders were found.
Things to note:
- The Whitechapel area of London is much changed since 1888. Nowadays it is full of trendy bars and restaurants and is perfectly safe to visit.
- This Jack The Ripper Tour is best taken at night to add to the atmosphere. With your own qualified tour guide, you can set the tone for the tour depending on the age and/or makeup of your group.
- You could start or end your tour at a traditional London fish and chip shop or the Ten Bells pub, where several of the victims and perhaps the killer himself used to drink.
Please bear in mind that these are not public tours, but private tours conducted by specialist Blue Badge Tourist Guides who will charge a separate fee, details of which can be found on our fees page.
Simply input your tour request details in the form below. When you have finished, hit the Green ‘Submit to Match’ button. Your request will be instantly emailed to three highly qualified and enthusiastic London Blue Badge Tourist Guides, matching your criteria. They will then email you confirming availability, pricing and suggestions for the tour itself. So let one of our 500+ Blue Badge Tourist Guides make your stay in London a special one.